Recycling Metal Turnings in NJ, DE, NY, & PA
Have you ever wondered what to do with excess metal shavings? These small pieces, also called turnings, can be scrapped for extra cash. At Sgt. Scrap, we specialize in responsibly recycling the metals we buy. Customers across New Jersey and Delaware as well as parts of Pennsylvania, and New York are welcome to take advantage of our scrapping services for metal turnings today.
What Are Turnings and Why Are They Valuable?
In many factories and other manufacturing facilities, metal is cut, ground, drilled, and worked to produce specific items. During this process, layers are removed from the material to refine the final product, which yields waste in the form of turnings (metal shavings). This waste product has become very valuable for several manufacturing businesses because it offers a creative way to recoup costs. By collecting metal shavings and recycling them at a local scrap yard, manufacturers can offset some production costs.
Recycling turnings and other metal parts is valuable for the environment, as well. Regulated by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), recycling secondhand materials is beneficial to the earth in the following ways:
- Preserving resources: Recycling metal shavings and other types of metals reduces the consumption of natural resources used and cuts down on the waste that accumulates in landfills each year.
- Reducing emissions: With such a heavy focus on the amount of carbon emissions released each year, scrapping metal can help inhibit further pollution.
Different Types of Metal Turnings We Buy
In partnership with Sgt. Scrap, customers can take metal shavings made from a wide variety of materials and turn them into profit. We’re dedicated to providing competitive compensation for all materials, and our current pricing for scrapped turnings is as follows:
|Metal Type||Price||Per Unit|
|Mixed Brass Turnings||$2.05||Lb|
|Red Brass Turnings||$2.20||Lb|
|304 Stainless Steel Turnings||$0.55||Lb|
|316 Stainless Steel Turnings||$0.60||Lb|
The types of turnings we accept are outlined below:
- Mixed brass turnings: A collection of turnings made from different brass alloys, these pieces are free of iron, aluminum, oil, or other contaminants.
- Red brass turnings: Thanks to elevated copper concentrations, red brass turnings are highly valuable. They have a reddish hue.
- Copper turnings: These turnings are produced from unalloyed copper parts.
- 304 stainless steel turnings: A popular metal, 304 stainless steel contains nickel and chromium.
- 316 stainless steel turnings: With the addition of molybdenum, this metal has higher strength levels at high temperatures and better corrosion resistance to chlorides.
- Aluminum turnings: This is the byproduct of milling and cutting aluminum parts.
Our Scrap Hauling Options
To receive the most out of your turnings, you will need to gather, separate, and store them for hauling. Once you have done that, you are ready to receive top dollar for your collection. At Sgt. Scrap, we offer our customers several return options, including:
Scrap Pick-Up Service
If customers have an abundance of metal shavings stored away, they may not be able to haul all their scrap in one trip. These customers can take advantage of our pick-up service. We will schedule a time and location to come and take all your scrap metal away for you. The minimum weight for this service is 500 pounds.
Businesses and manufacturing plants that produce considerable amounts of turnings every day often can’t afford to make frequent trips to scrap dealers. Our roll-off dumpster service is a great solution – it allows each commercial client to fill up a container of scrap metal at their own pace. Our team will haul it away for you once the dumpster is full. The minimum weight for this service is 5,000 pounds.
Drop Off Scrap
Customers are welcome to use their own equipment to haul metal shavings to one of our convenient locations in New Jersey during normal business hours. Upon arrival, our team will unload your turnings, evaluate the collection, and weigh it for payment.
Recycle Your Metal Shavings at Sgt. Scrap
With a focus on customer satisfaction and reliable services, Sgt. Scrap is proud to be a go-to dealer for all your scrapping needs. We provide our customers across NJ and DE as well as parts of PA, and NY with professional scrapyard services, while offering fair and competitive prices for materials. Contact us to learn more about today’s prices for metal shavings.
Drop off your Scrap or Schedule a Pick-up Today!
Do you have over 500 lbs of metal ready to scrap? We pay the best prices in town.