Recycling Stainless Steel in NJ, DE, NY, & PA
Stainless steel is an alloy made from metals including iron and carbon. Stainless steel is heat-resistant, corrosion-resistant, and easy to clean, making it a popular choice in the medical and food service industries. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, millions of tons of steel end up in landfills each year. Scrap yards like Sgt. Scrap help keep these materials out of the waste stream, ensuring that stainless steel is properly recycled so it can be reused in future manufacturing and industrial processes. Servicing a large radius around New Jersey and Pennsylvania, including areas of New York, and Delaware, Sgt. Scrap recycles several types of stainless steel, as well as steel materials and other kinds of alloys.
Types of Stainless Steel We Can Scrap
Sgt. Scrap accepts a wide variety of metal at our scrap yards. We can recycle the following types of stainless steel:
- Stainless Steel – 304: One of the most common types of stainless steel, this alloy includes nickel and chromium. Also known as A2 stainless steel, 304 stainless steel often is found in household appliances such as dishwashers and refrigerators, as well as fasteners and piping.
- Stainless Steel – 316: This material is used in the fabrication of medical devices, chemical storage, and food processing equipment. It also is referred to as marine-grade stainless steel because it resists corrosion well.
- 410 Stainless Steel: This type of stainless steel is used for automotive parts, medical instruments, utensils, pipelines, nozzles, and valves. It generally is less expensive than 304 and 316 stainless steel.
- Dirty Stainless Steel: Stainless steel is considered dirty if it has connected parts, made from other materials, which must be removed before the steel can be recycled and smelted. A good example is kitchen utensils such as spatulas or knives: these tools are made from stainless steel, but the handles usually are plastic or wood.
To prepare your stainless steel for drop-off at our scrap yard, be sure it is as clean as possible to get the best price. Group like materials together and remove any debris or attached parts made from nonmetal materials.
Where to Recycle Your Scrap
Sgt. Scrap makes it easy to get rid of your stainless steel and other types of scrap. We offer two convenient locations where you can drop off your scrap metal:
Our team will weigh your scrap material and pay you accordingly. Rates are the same at our two locations. We are committed to transparent pricing and customers can check our website or call ahead to find current rates for scrap metal. There is no minimum poundage requirement for drop-off service.
If you need an easy way to keep your scrap organized during a renovation or demo project, you can arrange for Sgt. Scrap to drop off a roll-off container at your job site. We offer 20-, 30-, 40-, and 50-yard roll-off dumpsters. Once your container is full, Sgt. Scrap will pick it up for your location and pay you for your scrap. There is a 5,000 minimum poundage requirement for roll-off dumpster service.
Note: Mobile pickup services are not available for steel.
Stainless Steel Prices
When you recycle with Sgt. Scrap, you can rest assured that you’re not only helping to keep scrap metal out of a landfill – you also are getting the benefit of competitive pricing. Our current prices for scrap stainless steel are:
|Metal Type||Price||Per Unit|
|Stainless Steel - 304 Clean||$0.29||Lb|
|Stainless Steel - 316 Clean||$0.92||Lb|
|Dirty Stainless Steel||$0.10||Lb|
|410 Stainless Steel||$0.10||Lb|
Recycle Responsibly With Sgt. Scrap
To turn your scrap stainless steel into cash, turn to the professionals at Sgt. Scrap. With extensive experience in the scrap metal industry, you can count on our team to give you competitive prices coupled with best-in-class customer service. In addition to stainless steel, Sgt. Scrap purchases:
- Aluminum and copper wire
- Metal turnings and shavings
Sgt. Scrap serves businesses and individuals throughout New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Delaware, as well as Manhattan, Long Island, and Staten Island, NY. For more information about our services, contact us today.
Drop off your Scrap or Schedule a Pick-up Today!
Do you have over 500 lbs of metal ready to scrap? We pay the best prices in town.