E-Scrap Recycling Service for Customers in NJ, DE, NY, & PA
Types of E-Scrap
Many types of e-scrap have technical names, but they’re simply common computer parts. Computers and other electronic devices are made with small amounts of precious metals such as silver and gold, making them a valuable source of recyclable material. At Sgt. Scrap, we accept the following items from computers and other electronics:
- Circuit boards: Printed circuit boards (PCBs) are the building blocks of most of today’s electronic devices. They can contain small amounts of valuable metals, such as copper, gold, and platinum. Sgt Scrap accepts the following types of circuit boards:
- Clean green boards
- Non-green boards
- Low-grade non-PC boards
- Hard drive PC boards
- Aluminum heatsinks: A heatsink is a small, lightweight piece of aluminum that conducts heat away from a computer’s central processing unit (CPU) to keep it from overheating.
- Back panels: The back panel is the part of a computer’s motherboard that connects to external devices, such as a keyboard or a set of computer speakers.
- CPU Chips: This circuit serves as a computer’s primary processing component and can contain small amounts of gold.
- Memory chips: A computer’s memory (RAM) can contain trace amounts of valuable metals such as gold and palladium.
- Servers and hard drives: These items store huge amounts of data. Personal computers and laptops have built-in hard drive storage, while servers are external data storage systems for computer networks.
- Computer equipment: Scrap accepts laptops, whole computer towers, and computer charging cords.
- Telecom equipment: Telecommunication boards can contain valuable precious metals.
Current E-Scrap Prices
We currently pay the following rates for e-scrap material:
|Metal Type||Price||Per Unit|
|CPU Processor Chips||$4.00||Lb|
|Harddrive PC Boards||$3.50||Lb|
|Low Grade Non PC Boards||$0.10||Lb|
|Aluminum Heat Sinks||$0.50||Lb|
|Clean Green Boards||$1.75||Lb|
|Non Green Boards||$1.25||Lb|
|Whole Computer Towers w/HD||$0.20||Lb|
|Power Surplies (w/wires)||$0.25||Lb|
E-Scrap Collection Options
Please note that Sgt. Scrap does not provide cleanout services. Rather, we offer the following e-scrap collection options:
- Drop-off: Customers are welcome to drop off scrap material at either of our scrap yard locations. Our Haddon Township, NJ, location is open seven days a week, and our Pennsauken Township, NJ, location is open Monday through Saturday.
- Pickup: Do you have more than 500 pounds of material to scrap? No need to drop it off – you can schedule a time for a Sgt. Scrap staff member to pick up your scrap from your office or work site. We’ll take your items and pay you on the spot.
- Roll-off dumpsters: If you’re collecting e-waste at a job site or doing a phased upgrade of your company’s technology, you may be gathering a significant amount of scrap over time. For these situations, Sgt. Scrap’s roll-off dumpsters are a convenient solution. We can drop off a 20-, 30-, or 40-yard container at your location. Once the container is full, our team will come to pick it up, weigh your scrap, and pay you accordingly. For this service, there is a 5,000-pound minimum.
Whether you’re dropping off e-scrap or scheduling a pickup, you can help expedite the payment process by preparing your scrap material for recycling. Group like items with like and remove excess dust and debris.
Recycle Your E-waste With Sgt. Scrap
You can be a good environmental steward and generate an additional income stream at the same time: bring your e-scrap to Sgt. Scrap instead of sending it to the landfill. Sgt. Scrap offers transparent, competitive rates for electronic scrap at our locations in Pennsauken Township and Haddon Township, NJ. Sgt. Scrap serves customers within a wide radius, including:
- All of New Jersey
- All of Delaware
- Parts of Pennsylvania, including:
- Bucks County
- Chester County
- Delaware County
- Montgomery County
- Parts of New York, including:
- Long Island
- Staten Island
- Manhattan (Note: the minimum pickup amount for Manhattan is 1,000 lbs.)
To learn more about our services, contact us today.
Drop off your Scrap or Schedule a Pick-up Today!
Do you have over 500 lbs of metal ready to scrap? We pay the best prices in town.