Recycling Copper Bearings in NJ, DE, NY, PA, & MD
Because so many everyday items contain copper components, this metal is in high demand and is being used faster than it can be mined. According to the International Copper Association, copper is one of the few materials that can be reused again and again without any difference in quality or performance. That’s good news for our customers, who can find competitive prices for recycled copper scrap at our scrap yards in New Jersey. Based in Haddon Township and Pennsauken Township, NJ, and serving a wide surrounding area, Sgt. Scrap can recycle a wide range of scrap metal, as well as materials e-scrap, appliances, and automobiles.
Types of Copper We Can Scrap
Copper can be found in household appliances such as washers, dryers, and refrigerators, especially if they’re older, as newer models tend to use fewer copper parts. At Sgt. Scrap, we recycle a wide variety of ferrous and non-ferrous metals. We can accept the following types of copper bearings:
- Air conditioning units: Central air conditioners and window units can be scrapped for their copper material found in the wiring, tubing, and motors.
- Light ballast: A ballast is a component of an industrial lighting system that regulates the electric current flowing to a lamp. Some lighting ballasts contain copper wires.
- Motors: We accept both clean and dirty motors made with copper parts, although we pay a higher price for clean motors. Large motors (over 1,200 pounds) will fetch a better price because of their higher copper content.
- Sealed units: Also known as compressors, these motors typically have copper interiors and a steel casing. Sealed units can be found in freezers, refrigerators, and air conditioners. Because of the amount of steel on the outside, these receive a lower price than electric motors.
- Copper transformers: These types of transformers are found in home appliances, power supply boxes, and wall chargers.
We also accept high- and low-grade copper wire. To get the best rate for your scrap copper, make sure it is free of dirt, oil, and debris. Group similar items and remove any attached parts made from nonmetal materials such as plastic. Note that items like air conditioners contain Freon, which must be removed by a professional.
How to Recycle Your Scrap Metal
Our goal is to make it easy for our customers to recycle their scrap materials safely and responsibly. We accept copper scrap at both of our locations:
There is no minimum poundage required for drop-offs, and our staff will pay you on the spot. If you have 500 pounds of scrap metal or more, you can schedule a mobile pickup. Or, if you have a big demolition or cleanout project, take advantage of our roll-off dumpster service. Our team will deliver a 20-, 30-, or 40-yard roll-off dumpster to your job site that you can fill with scrap material as you go. Once your container is full, Sgt. Scrap will collect it, weigh your scrap, and pay you accordingly. There is a 5,000-pound minimum requirement for roll-off container service.
Prices for Copper Bearings
We offer transparent pricing, with rates updated on our website daily. Our current prices for scrap stainless steel are:
|Metal Type||Price||Per Unit|
|Motors - Dirty||$0.10||Lb|
|Large Motors / 1200 lbs||$0.15||Lb|
Contact Sgt. Scrap Today
For a convenient way to recycle your valuable copper material, look no further than Sgt. Scrap. We serve the following states:
- New Jersey
- New York
We offer mobile pick up from these selected states no matter how far but depending on the distance but please note, that from our Pennsauken location, our requirement for the mobile pick-up service becomes more stringent.
Our dedicated team of professionals is available to answer any questions you may have. To learn more, give us a call at 856-356-2516 or contact us today.
Drop off your Scrap or Schedule a Pick-up Today!
Do you have over 500 lbs of metal ready to scrap? We pay the best prices in town.