Alloy Recycling in NJ, DE, NY, PA, & MD
If you have scrap metal to get rid of, don’t throw it out – bring it to our scrap yard where you can sell it for a competitive price. Many types of metal such as alloy can be processed and reused in industrial and commercial applications. Sgt. Scrap, based in New Jersey and serving a wide geographic area that includes Delaware and parts of Pennsylvania, is a professional scrap metal recycling service.
What Is Alloy?
An alloy is a metallic substance that is produced by combining two or more elements. An alloy may be made by mixing metal with another type of metal or a nonmetal material, such as carbon. Alloys are used in many kinds of everyday items, such as pots and pans, bicycles, and metal fences. Common types of alloy include brass and stainless steel.
What Kinds of Alloy Do We Accept?
At Sgt. Scrap, some of the metal alloys we will purchase include:
- Carbide inserts and shapes: Used in drilling and machining, these scrap metal parts are valuable because of their tungsten content.
- FSX 414: This alloy is mostly made from cobalt and is known as a superalloy for its strength and ability to withstand high temperatures. FSX414 is used in turbine blades and discs.
- Hastelloy solids: This material is mostly made from nickel, with added metals like molybdenum and chromium to make an alloy that is more resistant to corrosion than pure nickel. It is used in chemical industry piping, as well as gas turbines.
- Inconel: This group of high-performing nickel and chromium alloys comes in a variety of compositions. Inconel is used by the aerospace industry and in pressurized water reactors at nuclear power plants.
- Monel: This copper and nickel alloy is highly resistant to corrosion, making it exceptionally durable in marine environments. Monel is also used in musical instruments, fasteners and fittings, and older appliances.
- Nickel: Resistant to corrosion at high temperatures, nickel is a common component of alloys and is used in bolts, metal plates, pipes, and valves.
- Tantalum: A rare metal, trace amounts of tantalum are used in electronic equipment such as mobile phones and computers.
- Titanium: This alloy has a wide range of applications, from medical prosthetics and dental implants to airplane engines. Titanium can also sometimes be found in sports and camping equipment such as golf clubs, lacrosse sticks, and tent stakes.
Preparing Alloy for the Scrap Yard
To get the highest price for your alloy materials, group like items together and ensure that non-metal parts have been removed. Metal should be free of dirt and oil. Sgt. Scrap offers three options for recycling your scrap metal safely:
- Schedule pickup service: If you have more than 500 pounds of scrap material to sell, a member of our team will come to pick it up and pay you on the spot.
- Drop it off: For smaller amounts of scrap, you can bring your material to one of our yards, conveniently located in Haddon Township and Pennsauken Township, NJ.
- Order a roll-off container: Often, we work with commercial clients who are doing a demolition or renovation project. If you’ll be gathering scrap metal over a few weeks or months, we provide a handy roll-off dumpster We’ll deliver a 20-, 30-, or 40-yard container to your job site and pick it up once it’s full.
Please note: We do not provide residential or commercial cleanout services.
Insulated Wire Pricing
Sgt. Scrap is committed to providing fair and transparent pricing for a wide range of scrap metal types. Our current purchase prices for alloy are:
|Metal Type||Price||Per Unit|
|Carbide Inserts / Shapes||$5.00||Lb|
Prices are updated daily on our website.
Learn More From Sgt. Scrap
With Sgt. Scrap, you can turn alloy, e-scrap, and more into cash – and you can rest assured that your scrap metal will be handled properly in compliance with state and local regulations. We serve customers in the following states:
- New Jersey
- New York
We offer Mobile Pick up from those selected states no matter how far but please note, depending on the distance from our Pennsauken location, our requirement for the Mobile Pick-up service becomes more stringent.
Drop off your Scrap or Schedule a Pick-up Today!
Do you have over 500 lbs of metal ready to scrap? We pay the best prices in town.