Metals We Buy in NJ, DE, NY, & PA
Individuals looking for a service to responsibly recycle scrap metal in New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania, and New York can count on Sgt. Scrap. We buy various metals from customers in all areas and offer pickup services in certain locations. Explore our list of accepted metals to see if we are looking for the type of scrap metal that you have and discover our competitive pricing.
We Accept Ferrous and Non-Ferrous Metals
One of the most common distinctions of scrap metal is between ferrous and non-ferrous metals. At Sgt. Scrap, we are happy to accept various kinds of both metals. The easiest way to differentiate the two categories is by terms of iron. For example, non-ferrous metals do not contain iron while ferrous metals do. Metals containing iron tend to be stronger and more durable and metals with no iron are usually softer and more malleable. Some further properties of ferrous and non-ferrous scrap metal include:
These types of scrap metal tend to contain various alloying elements, such as chromium, nickel, molybdenum, vanadium, and manganese. These elements are what make ferrous metal a perfect material for engineering applications. Since these metals also contain iron, they are strong and typically magnetic, making them ideal for the construction of long-lasting skyscrapers, tools, vehicle engines, pipelines, containers, automobiles, and cutlery.
All pure metal forms, except for pure iron, are non-ferrous. Since non-ferrous metals do not contain iron, they are easier to weld and fabricate. Many non-ferrous metals are used for industrial and aesthetic purposes. These metals also tend to be corrosion-resistant with low density and feature great thermal and electrical conductivity.
Specific Types of Scrap Metal We Buy
Whether you have ferrous or non-ferrous metals, we are happy to buy your scrap metal and repurpose it for countless applications. The types of metal that we accept include:
- Copper: Scrap copper is a ferrous metal in high demand that is used in electronics, wires, and plumbing materials. We also accept copper bearings, such as motors, light ballast, sealed units, and AC units.
- Aluminum: We are glad to take your scrap aluminum, including, washers and dryers, outdoor furniture with aluminum framing, and even old bicycles. Aluminum is a ferrous metal and has many recyclable uses.
- Stainless Steel: Since stainless steel is heat-resistant, corrosion-resistant, and easy to clean, it is a popular material in many industries, like medical and food services. Stainless steel is a ferrous metal and can be reused in manufacturing and industrial processes.
- Steel: A commonly recycled ferrous metal is steel. We accept steel from items like rotors and drums, complete cars, and cast iron.
- Brass: We accept various types of scrap brass from doorknobs, bullet casings, and old air-conditioning units. Brass is a non-ferrous metal that has several uses in many home furnishings, such as light fixtures and bed frames.
- Lead: We will buy lead and products containing lead, including batteries, gun range lead, and copper-insulated lead. Lead is a non-ferrous metal with many applications and sometimes can be recycled multiple times.
- Alloy: We will buy your alloy This non-ferrous metal is found in nickel, titanium, carbide inserts, and similar items.
Aside from these popular types of scrap metal, we also accept:
For specific pricing information on each type of scrap metal, explore our today’s prices page for updated cost estimates.
Sell Your Scrap Metal to Sgt. Scrap
People and businesses in New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania, and New York searching for a reliable and responsible scrap metal service should look no further than Sgt. Scrap. We will work with you to make recycling stress-free through mobile pickup and roll-off dumpsters. By recycling your scrap metal pieces, you are reducing waste and encouraging sustainability. The best part is that you will get paid for making this choice. For additional information on which metals we buy, contact us today.
Get paid today
Call us today, and we’ll haul your non-ferrous scrap metal, but not before we pay you cash!