“Reduce, reuse, recycle.” Everyone knows that we should all be lending a helping hand to Mother Earth, but the truth is that our society doesn’t do nearly as much recycling as we can and should. Before you toss that can in your standard garbage can, read these five surprising facts you might not have known about landfills in the United States:
- Most items in landfills could have been recycled. According to research from Rubicon Global, about 80% of items currently sitting in landfills could have been recycled in some form.
- Recycling saves energy. Sorting your recyclables might seem like a chore, but you save a ton of energy by doing it. Recycling plastic saves twice as much energy as it takes to burn it!
- Some cities are better at recycling than others. Not all cities are equally as efficient at recycling! The number one city for recycling is San Francisco, followed by Boston, Chicago, Denver, and Portland.
- Aluminum is the #1 recycled metal. Americans love aluminum—and we use a lot of it! The population of the United States uses an average of 65 billion soda cans every single year.
- You can make money recycling metal. You deserve to be rewarded for your good deeds! Companies offering cash for scrap metal in Philadelphia can incentivize you to do something nice for the planet…and leave a little more money in your pocket!
If you have scrap metal lying around your property or business, don’t add it to an overcrowded landfill — call Sgt. Scrap! Our metal recycling services in Philadelphia help you run your business the responsible way, and we get you the cash you need to move onto bigger and better projects. Contact our team today at 800-833-6983 to get started saving the planet!